Thursday, April 8, 2010

Welcome to RighteousPolitics!

Thank-you for joining me as I give voice to a segment of the political spectrum whose voice is being drowned out amongst the noise.

The voices of the Evangelical Christians who are not, contrary to popular opinion: Republican, Right-Wing Screamers, Card-Carrying Tea Party members, birthers...Oh you get the picture. The Evangelical Christians who find that although they have fundamental disagreements with some of the views widely held by the majority of Democrats, they still find that the desire of a political party that addresses the needs of the hurting and downtrodden amongst us is worth working for. The Evangelical Christians who don't feel like they need "their country back".

So, there'll be no screaming. No running around with our hair on fire. "Tone" will be a very important element of this blog. As a passionate, political believer, I believe the first thing I must do when espousing my political views is to remember that I am first and foremost a representative of the Kingdom of God. I am His ambassador. My words should uplift. My actions should glorify Him and who HE is.

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer" ~ Psalms 19;14

That being said, I will try my best, as God assists me, to live by this creed.

So a little more about me: I vote primarily as a Democrat, but I've also been known to register as an Independent. I've even voted for a Republican a time or two. I will never become too entrenched in ANY political party. Galatians 5:19-20 warns us of being TOO aligned to any political party:

"Now the doings of the flesh are clear: they are immorality, impurity, indecency, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, divisions, party spirit, ..."

Nowadays, it seems that there are my Brothers and Sisters in the faith who present their political affiliation first. And, oh by the way, their Christian too.

Let's cover the other bases: I really am a born-again, spirit-filled, tongue-talking, bible believing Christian. I belong to a Pentecostal denomination. I'm pro-life, and I believe that lawful marriage should be between a man and a woman only. And yes, I really am registered as a Democrat.

Thus the reason why I decided to blog. I want to explode the prevailing myth out there that all Christians like me are Conservative, Right Wing Republicans. That there is a unique viewpoint out there currently not being heard.

I know I'm not alone...and neither are you. Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment